TESOL-UKRAINE CONVENTION 2020 “25 YEARS OF TESOL IN UKRAINE: HONORING THE PAST AND SHAPING THE FUTURE.” Kyiv, April 9-10, 2020
April 9 @ 08:00 - April 10 @ 17:00
TESOL-UKRAINE CONVENTION 2020
“25 YEARS OF TESOL IN UKRAINE: HONORING THE PAST AND SHAPING THE FUTURE.”
Kyiv, April 9-10, 2020
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
TESOL-Ukraine is a national non-governmental association of professionals advancing the quality of English language teaching in Ukraine through life-long professional development and research. It is an affiliate of TESOL, Inc. The mission of TESOL-Ukraine Association is to provide international standards in the sphere of teaching and learning English, advance professional expertise, develop the system of teacher-training, network with the professionals in Ukraine and worldwide, and promote new ideas and methods in teaching English.
The goal of the 25thTESOL-Ukraine National Convention is to bring together EFL professionals in Ukraine to define the strategies of English teaching development in the context of the global changes in ELT. We welcome international participants to broaden the circle of EFL teachers to ensure the sustainability of changes in the sphere of English teaching and learning in Ukraine.
before March 1, 2020
TESOL-Ukraine members 2020: UAH 350.
Non-members: UAH 600.
Publication only (for
TESOL-Ukraine members): UAH 200
|Registration on-site – 600 UAH.
Registration fee covers: Convention Program, Book of Convention Papers, conference bag, certificates, 2 lunches, a working dinner and 2 coffee breaks for all registered participants.
The conference will be held at
Hotel Bratislava, https://bratislava.ua/about/
THE CONVENTION WILL BE FOCUSED ON THE FOLLOWING TOPICS
ESP/ ESL Methodology, English Language Philology, American and British Literature, Media literacy, Teaching Young Learners, CALL, Writing as the 21st century skill. English Language translation studies.
BOOK OF CONVENTION PAPERS
Papers to be presented and/or published are accepted for the Convention Book of Papers
- Participants interested in presentation and publication, please, submit a 100-word abstract and a short bio for the Convention Program in GOOGLE FORM https://forms.gle/rjNmuuRWWBC1QPc9A , and two pages paper for the Book of Convention Papers, as well as a photo of the author/authors sent separately in a PNG or JPEG format not more than 100 KB to email@example.com .
- Participants interested in presentation only, please, submit a 100-word abstract and short bio for the Convention Program in GOOGLE FORM https://forms.gle/rjNmuuRWWBC1QPc9A , as well as the photo of the author/authors sent separately in a PNG or JPEG format not more than 100 KB to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Participants interested in attendance and publication, please, fill in the GOOGLE FORM https://forms.gle/tHPf1WLWZxB1pHJc7 and submit a two pages paper for the Book of Convention Papers to email@example.com
- Participants interested in publication only, please, fill in the GOOGLE FORM https://forms.gle/tHPf1WLWZxB1pHJc7 and submit an up to two pages paper for the Book of Convention Papers to firstname.lastname@example.org
Language is English.
Format – MS Word 97-2003 or RTF.
Font – Times New Roman, 14 pt.
Line spacing – 1.5.
Paragraph indent – 1.25.
Margins (mm) – left (inside)/right (outside)/top/bottom – 20/15/15/15.
Images – embedded in publications.
The paper should be well written, carefully edited, and proofread.
Please, note that the paper for the Convention Book of Papers should contain the author’s last name:
Types of presentations:
Practice-Oriented Demonstration (30 minutes). A demonstration is used for showing rather than telling about a technique. The presenter’s statement of theory should take no longer than 10 minutes. Often the presenter models teaching techniques, usually has handouts and/or audiovisual aids. The demonstration should be based on a PowerPoint Presentation.It could be done interactively, without PPP or with the help of other software.The demonstration summary should include a brief statement of the central purpose and description of the presentation.
- Workshops (60 minutes). A workshop involves very little lecturing; it mainly emphasizes participation in a carefully structured activity. Workshops should have a pedagogic orientation such that attendees leave with enhanced skills, knowledge and understanding. The leader/leaders work with the group, helping them to solve a problem or develop a specific teaching or research technique. The workshop summary should include a statement of the goal(s), a synopsis of the theory behind it, and a description of the tasks to be performed during the workshop.
Convention participants are responsible for arranging their own transportation to and from the convention site. The Opening Plenary will begin on Thursday morning, April 9, 2020 . The Closing Plenary will end by late afternoon on Friday, April 10, 2020. Registered participants are advised to arrive on April 8, 2020.
Please, make your travel arrangements accordingly.
Громадська організація “Асоціація вчителів англійської мови “ТІСОЛ-УКРАЇНА”
ТВБВ № 10013/0289 ФЛОУ АТ “ОЩАДБАНК”
МФО (код банку) 325796
Код в ЄДРПОУ 33073458
Invitations will be sent out after March 10, 2020
DETAILS ON THE SUPPORT BY THE TESOL-UKRAINE 2020 GRANT:
140 registered participants, TESOL-Ukraine members (non-Kyiv residents) will be provided with 2 night accommodation at Hotel Bratislava
30 Ukrainian Presenters will be provided with 2 night accommodation at Hotel Bratislava and get reimbursement for their transportation expenses.
10 participants from Donbas region will be provided with 2 night accommodation at Hotel Bratislava and get reimbursement for their transportation expenses.
If you have additional questions, please contact us
in any convenient way:
Olena Ilienko, TESOL-Ukraine President
Tel: 050 109 46 53 ;E-mail: email@example.com
Maryna Tsehelska, TESOL-Ukraine Vice President
Tel: 0674930983, E-mail: Mtsehelska4@yahoo.com
Liliya Kuznetsova, TESOL-Ukraine Treasurer
Tel.: 067-97-95-186; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Svitlana Zubenko, TESOL-Ukraine President Assistant
Tel: 0501016053, E-mail: email@example.com
Oksana Chugai, TESOL-Ukraine Secretary
Tel: 0684418353, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Serhii Petrenko, TESOL-Ukraine Newsletter Editor,
Yevheniia Moshtagh, TESOL-Ukraine National Coordinator
Tel: 0505490839, e-mail: email@example.com