TESOL-Ukraine Strategic Plan 2015-2018
TESOL-Ukraine strategic plan of development for 2015-2018 was discussed at the Leadership Meeting in Kyiv on November 27, 2015. It was presented by the President. All the participants of the meeting took part in its discussion, much attention was devoted to work with students, and an amendment concerning running English summer camps for students was introduced into the draft. The document was approved by the meeting. It was decided to work out separate implementation plans for all six parts of the general document.
1. NATIONAL NGO
As a national NGO TESOL-Ukraine will promote effective education policy, professionalism, and international standards in English language education
- Cooperation with Ministry of Science & Education of Ukraine
- Cooperation with other educational NGOs
- Participation in the program Go Global
- Working out a program of activities for 2016 as Year of English in Ukraine
- Become a recognized authority in English language education
2. INTERNATIONAL AFFILIATE OF TESOL, Inc.
As an international affiliate of TESOL, Inc. TESOL-Ukraine will coordinate its work with the TESOL, Inc. Office, develop cooperation with and EFL teachers worldwide, promote international achievements in EFL teaching in Ukraine, and introduce international standards in English language education
- Coordination of activities with TESOL, Inc.
- Studying the experience of TESOL, Inc. in building-up an authoritative educational association
3. PARTNERSHIP WITH HAWAII TESOL
As a sister affiliate of Hawaii TESOL the NGO TESOL-Ukraine will develop international cooperation with the colleagues in Hawaii through educational e-projects, exchange of publishing materials, and introduction of new models of academic events into the professional life of EFL teachers in Ukraine
- Introduction of Hawaii TESOL academic events in Ukraine
- International Education Week: E-Bridge with Hawaii
- E-projects for secondary schools and university students
- Page for Hawaii TESOL in the Newsletter
- Special issue of TESOL-Ukraine Newsletter devoted to Hawaii TESOL
- Networking at TESOL, Inc. Conventions
TESOL-Ukraine management team will govern effectively and will involve more members into the work of the association.
- Develop nationwide network of oblast subdivisions
- Strengthen cooperation between different oblast subdivisions
- Image building & PR policy via website, publications, projects
- Develop a strong leadership team via Leadership Development Program
- Increase the executive discipline
- Work out fundraising program
- Expand membership
5. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
TESOL-Ukraine will provide English language teaching professionals with the necessary body of knowledge, tools, and resources to enhance their expertise and practice.
- Expand the variety of academic events (conventions, conferences, etc.)
- Organize Teacher Development Program for EFL teachers nationwide
- Renew the work of SISs
- Develop a database of TESOL-Ukraine teacher training resources
- Ensure ease of access to TESOL-Ukraine teacher training resources
- Start new publication projects
6. WORK WITH STUDENTS
As a professional association of EFL teachers NGO TESOL-Ukraine will promote effective methods in the work with students, organize multidisciplinary academic events for students in English, and motivate students to choose EFL teaching as their future profession.
- Students’ Forums
- Hawaii TESOL – TESOL-Ukraine Annual Internet Students’ conferences
- Academic English Program for students
- Olympiads and festivals of creativity for students
- English Summer Camps