On April 19-20 at O. M. Beketov National University of Municipal Economy in Kharkiv the IV International Forum for Young Researchers “Young researchers in the globalized world: vistas and challenges” was held. The Forum was prepared and organized by the University and TESOL-Ukraine with the support of the Regional English Language Office of the US Embassy of Ukraine.
The Forum was attended by 147 participants from 7 countries of the world (Ukraine, United States, Canada, Germany, Finland, Estonia and Bolivia) and 11 universities of Ukraine.
The subjects discussed at the Forum were:
- Contemporary Issues of Democratic Society Development. Democracy through Law.
- Innovative Trends of Management and Tourism Development.
- Modern Developments of Economics and Financial Security.
- Latest Achievements in Engineering, Ecology and Architecture.
- General Civilization Tendencies of Professional Education Development in the Conditions of Reforming.
- Methodology of Teaching, Innovative Methods of Teaching Foreign Languages at Higher and Secondary Educational Establishments.
The reports were presented in English, German, French, and Polish.
Based on the materials of the conference, a Collection of papers will be published.
Within the framework of the Forum of Young Researchers “Young Researchers in the Globalized World: Vistas and Challenges”, on April 19, an intensive seminar “Academic Speaking” was held, which was attended by 40 teachers and students of O.M. Beketov National University of Municipal Economy in Kharkiv and eight other universities of the city. The seminar was led by an English Language Fellow of the Regional English Language Office of the US Embassy in Ukraine Nicholas Gordon currently working at the Kyiv-Mohyla Academy in Kyiv. The workshop demonstrated interactive innovative teaching methods and latest information technologies for English language teaching at schools and universities.